Abby Rose Wilson, MSN, RN
Nurse Manager, Springhill Medical Center
Since she began working at Springhill Medical Center, Abby has served as hospital house supervisor and director of patient relations, the last of which she voluntarily gave up to take on the job of managing the hospital’s primary COVID-19 nursing unit. Abby is described as a leader of heroes and a hero to heroes — she was carrying out this incredibly important lifesaving work throughout her entire second pregnancy.
Abby is a licensed minister in the Church of God, and she teaches life groups and helps her husband’s church ministry, all while maintaining a 3.92 GPA in graduate school — she’s nearing the completion of her nursing doctorate.
- Alma Mater:
- University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Sylvania, Ala.
- Spouse + children:
- Kyle; Emma Rose (5), Sarah Kate (1)
- Running, spending time with her children
- First job:
- I grew up working on the family farm. My first public job was at Sonic Drive-In.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- A marine biologist
- Where would you take an out-of-town guest to eat?
- Osman’s Restaurant
- High school superlative:
- Class Clown. I love to see people laugh and be happy.
- Who would be on Mobile’s Mt. Rushmore?
- Public service figures like a nurse, firefighter, police, etc.